Knowing all about the various parts of your chimney can be a challenge, but it is important to stay up to date on inspections and necessary repairs. If you haven’t checked on your flashing in a while, then now is the time! Have an expert come in and take a look to ensure you are in good shape. They can take on any damage and get you back to where you need to be for safe and efficient chimney use.
All About Flashing
So, what exactly is flashing and why is it so important? Flashing is made up of metal pieces that are installed where the chimney and roof meet. Flashing helps keep moisture away from your chimney and reduces the risk of leaks and water damage. In addition, it also works to prevent stains, brick and mortar deterioration, and various types of decay throughout the chimney.
As you can tell, flashing plays an important role in your chimney’s health! Unfortunately, many things can deter it from doing its job. Whether it is bad weather, animal interference, earthquakes, rust, or an improper installation job, many things can cause damage to the flashing. Consequently, it then leaves your home vulnerable to water damage.
My Flashing Is Damaged!
If you know that your flashing needs some attention, calling in a professional is your best option for getting back to where you need to be. Here are some reasons why.
- Hiring a professional will ensure you a proper installation.
- Experts have the appropriate tools for doing an efficient and thorough job.
- Depending on the materials you are working with, the job may entail more intricate and complicated work.
- There is much less stress for the homeowner and less room for error (thus avoiding repairs down the line).
- No need to waste a day with a time-consuming project! A professional will come in and do everything, so you can stay on schedule with your regular routine.
- This job takes place on a roof, which can be very dangerous without the proper equipment. Lower risk of falling and becoming injured by calling in a certified tech today.
These are only some of the reasons why hiring an expert is the way to go! All in all, calling in a professional takes the burden off of you, while allowing you peace of mind, knowing everything will be done right. Installing flashing can be complex and improper installation will only cause more costly repairs down the line.
SirVent Chimney Can Help!
At SirVent Chimney & Venting Service, our technicians are CSIA trained and certified to take on any chimney job you throw our way. Need us to look at your flashing? No problem! We can check things over and take on any necessary repairs, so you can start using your chimney with ease.
Call us today to schedule an appointment!