In regards to safety and efficiency, the flue liner has one of the biggest and most important roles in the chimney system:
- It’s what keeps high heat from coming into contact with the combustibles in the walls surrounding your chimney and fireplace.
- It’s what contains the byproducts of fire (like carbon monoxide) and swiftly directs them up and out of the chimney.
- It’s what protects your chimney’s brick and mortar from the heat and by products of combustion.
It can be quite difficult to determine if your chimney needs to be relined without the help of a professional. Without professional tools and knowledge, you’re just relying on the naked eye and guesswork. But our technicians have video scanning equipment and can snake the camera into your chimney for a close-up look. We use this equipment every time we perform a chimney inspection, so if you’re having regular inspections, you’ll know the condition of your liner and whether or not it’s time to consider relining.
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON REASONS FOR RELINING?
There are many reasons to reline your chimney – here are some of the most common ones:
- Your clay tile liner is cracked, crumbling, and no longer able to safely do its job.
- You’re changing the type of fuel you burn.
- You’re changing the size or type of appliance.
- Your metal flue liner is rusted and riddled with holes.
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
Most chimney liners are constructed of either terra cotta clay tiles or some type of metal, typically aluminum or stainless steel. Not all liner materials are designed to exhaust all appliance types or all fuel types, so the type of liner that you end up having will depend on these factors.
Stainless steel liners are a favorite because they offer unparalleled durability and can be used with any fuel type. This is great news if you’re considering changing fuel types in the future but need a new liner now.
HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT?
If you would like to know more about the chimney relining process or your options, or if you’re ready to schedule an appointment to have your chimney professionally inspected and evaluated, please give us a call.
No matter what is blocking your chimney, it is a safety hazard that should be removed immediately. Keeping up with annual chimney inspections and sweepings enables you to enjoy the warmth and ambiance that your fireplace brings, without worrying about the dangers of a fire. Let SirVent give you the peace of mind you’re looking for.
Call us today at (704) 413-3773 or contact us online to ask any questions you may have regarding chimney cleaning in Lake Norman and surrounding neighborhoods.
Always Aiming for a Better Customer Experience
Providing Expert Services for All Chimney Solutions
High Quality, Trustworthy Technicians
Locally Owned and Operated